[K12OSN] Re: Eureka! Samba/LDAP is a piece of cake to set up now!

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Jan 24 13:59:10 UTC 2005

Good catch Rich!  This is as a result of the change between
smbldap-tools-0.8.5 to 0.8.6.  They changed the location of the
smbldap-tools executables from /usr/local/sbin to /opt/IDEALX/sbin.  I let
Matt know and hopefully he can create a new version with the fix in the
next day or so.  If I can figure out which template it pulls from...I'll
fix it myself before I test again this a.m.  In the meantime....anyone
playing with now....in the section of smb.conf where the smbldap-tools
paths are set out....change /usr/local/sbin to /opt/IDEALX/sbin.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Sunday, January 23, 2005 at 11:05 PM +0000 wrote:
>Well I installed the scripts and I think I found one thing that needs to
>be changed.  I couldn't join an XP machine to the new domain until I
>made the following changes to the /etc/samba/smb.conf file starting at
>about line 173:
>
>New:
>  add user script = /opt/IDEALX/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
>
>Orig:
>add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
>
>Note that I had to switch "/opt/IDEALX/sbin/" for "/usr/local/sbin/" on
>a number of lines.
>
>Another question.  Are there any decent web based or gui based admin
>tools for an LDAP/Samba setup?
>
>Thanks for all the hard work done by the SAU IT staff in putting the
>LDAP/Samba scripts together.
>
>Rich

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator