Re: [K12OSN] Still broken ..... ssh agent stays running

After reading your email, I checked on my server. I have 489 instances of gconfd-2 running, using about 2GB of ram total.

Mark Raine wrote:

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:01:21 -0600, Mark Raine wrote

Hello

Using the new release of K12 4.2. The only issue seems to be that after a user logs off 2 processes stay running. They are ssh agent and I think the second is gconf2 ( writing from home so not sure of second process). If the user logs on 5 times there will be 5 sets of processes. Each is only a few meg but it adds up. It is an issue at all 4 locations. The users are using ice by default but the option for gnome is there.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Mark Raine
Computer Services Coordinator