Re: [K12OSN] Virtual Machine

Yancey B. Jones wrote:

Is there a Linux (preferably free) alternative? I know that

Win4Lin is supposed to run Win9X fairly well, but is there a

true virtual machine app. that will run Windows NT/2K/XP and give it access to the Linux machines hardware devices?

VMWare works great but it is not free. I think it beats Virtual PC hands down, whether running on Windows or Linux as the host. You can get a trial to test it out. www.vmware.com

- -Yancey

Agreed on VMware. I used it back in the 2.0.x days, and it certainly did the job. I was running Windows NT inside a virtual machine, with the host OS being RHL 6.2. Not inexpensive, but it works.

--TP
Do you GNU!? <http://www.gnu.org>