Re: [K12OSN] Re: AR/STAR Take XXXXXVI (give or take a few) - Crossover Office Works!

Being cheap, I have to wonder if it's possible to run under wine. I got it working up to the point where I had to pick a data location (the achilles heal of all their software), but otherwise it worked. I wonder if some creative smbmount-ing might be the ticket, since it seemed to puke on looking for network shares. Perhaps someone has take this a bit further?

Thanks,

-Jeff

Henry Burroughs wrote:

I run Accelerated reader (I think 5.X) under Crossover Office 4.0. There are a few tweaks (turning off aliasing of fonts for the
accelerated reader programs), but otherwise it runs extremely smoothly. I haven't had any reported problems in the past few weeks. One day when
I have a free moment I'll post some howto information on Codeweavers
compatibility database. Note: I run Crossover in Multi-User mode (I have
a central CX installation, and everyone uses it), so there were a couple
of hacks that might just be specific to that install (making actual
copies of the AR program files rather than symlinks as Crossover Office
usually does).

Henry