[K12OSN] rsync SELinux extended attributes

I've been using rsync on a nightly basis to copy changes in the /home
directory and some other directories to a backup samba server.  I've
recently built new samba servers based on the K12LTSP 4.0 cd's.  It
appears to me that the only backup utility to support extended attributes
is star.  Does anyone know whether rsync supports extended attributes for
an ext3 to ext3 synchronization?