[K12OSN] KNotify Problem

Jason tuxnician at execulink.com
Fri Jan 28 04:23:07 UTC 2005

Calvin,

I just discovered this on one of our servers using 4.2.  It started on
Monday morning and continued until I rebooted the server today.

I looked at the processes and quite a few were running for users that
were not logged in.  The runaway processes were taking a lot of cpu time
(one was chess at 54% of the cpu time).  I rebooted and the runaway
processes were gone.  I found a script called maim that is supposed to
kill processes by the user who started them but no luck so far.