Re: [K12OSN] Digital PC 500 video problem

Could you boot a Knoppix CD on it?

Petre

Alan A Hodson wrote:
Hi folks

If you have access to information regarding Digital PC 500 computers, perhaps you can post/share information. I have a school that has about a dozen of these donated creatures sitting unused - the principal is wanting to use these machines for a Parent Center in a neighborhood that REALLY could use one! When I try loading ANY linux the monitor fills with vertical lines, and the cursor leaves a trail, rendering then visually useless.

The problem seems to be a video card incompatibility. How/where can I determine what type of video card these Digital PC 500 have, and how do I determine what version of Linux or what patch to load? Brainstorm suggestions gladly accepted.

Thanks for the tips and help

Alan A Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
aahodson episd org