[K12OSN] reset-default-dekstops script

I noticed that the reset-default-desktop script does NOT copy the
/Desktop folder.  I have placed various icons on the desktop for my users.
 It does work to populate new users from the /etc/skel, but the script to
reset a particular user's desktop does not include the
/Desktop with its included icon files.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to tweak the script the Eric
Harrison has included so that this would work?

Many thanks
Joe Guenther