Re: [K12OSN] reset-default-dekstops script

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Sudev Barar wrote:

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 15:41 -0700, Joe Guenther wrote:
I noticed that the reset-default-desktop script does NOT copy the
/Desktop folder.  I have placed various icons on the desktop for my users.
 It does work to populate new users from the /etc/skel, but the script to
reset a particular user's desktop does not include the
/Desktop with its included icon files.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to tweak the script the Eric
Harrison has included so that this would work?

This needs to be fixed. I'll get a new version out shortly.

There is push-icon script too!
This will work from root and you can push icons to all users in /home
directory. In case they are at another location just edit the path
in /usr/sbin/push-icons-to-users-desktops

With the latest-and-greatest version (ltsp_config-0.0.26-k12ltsp.0.4.2), you no longer need to make edits if your users exist somewhere besides /home

-Eric