Re: [K12OSN] Crazy OSX thought

cliebow downeast net wrote:
the yellowdog guys have expted with runnning osx this way with no
luck..they HAVE run os 9 this way.i have some docs at school...chuck

Yeah -- this is what I currently do in one of our labs. It takes the place of OSX's "Netboot" feature.

I haven't set up the server in two years though, so the cobwebs have formed. I know I had to install Redhat v8, because the customized dhcp server was compiled for v8.

It works amazingly well, but there are a few issues. Especially with older programs. I have computer freezes more often than I like, etc. I'd love to use the bondi lab as thin clients, but my Elementary staff would freak if they lost all the fuzzy-wuzzy disney type GAMES they have installed.

...but I digress

-Shawn