Re: [K12OSN] Managing identical logins...

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:39:58 -0800, Robert Arkiletian <robark telus net> wrote:
> Tom Lisjac wrote:
>
> >We have a final issue to resolve before we can deploy the system that
> >involves the way the school manages it's users....

> At my school I took a black  marker and wrote 1,2,3,... on all the
> computer monitors. The login can be comp1, comp2, ... and the passwords
> are all the same. No problems with Mozilla or OOo.

That approached worked well for the first lab we built at one of our
elementary schools:

http://linux.hsd2.org/lab.html

The middle school library is a little more of a challenge as we can't
be as generous with file permissions as we were with the younger kids.
:)

If I can get the domain stuff going with identical logins, the
teachers and admins will have tight yet flexible group control based
on the class login.

-Tom