[K12OSN] Exam Generator Programs

Eric Worthy@home eworthy at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 31 02:13:14 UTC 2005

Check out Hot Potatoes if you have an interest in webbased quizzing and
teaching tools.

This is from their website at: http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/index.htm

The Hot Potatoes suite includes six applications, enabling you to create
interactive multiple-choice, short-answer, jumbled-sentence, crossword,
matching/ordering and gap-fill exercises for the World Wide Web. Hot
Potatoes is not freeware, but it is free of charge for those working for
publicly-funded non-profit-making educational institutions, who make
their pages available on the web. Other users must pay for a licence.
Check out the Hot Potatoes licencing terms and pricing on the Half-Baked
Software Website <http://www.halfbakedsoftware.com/>.

The application software generating the various webtools runs under
windows or WINE under linux.   The generated code works with any webserver.

Personally speaking the generated teaching tools are great.  My students
love the crossword puzzles.  They are great vocab builders.