Re: [K12OSN] OT: user's disk usage and inodes

du -s /home/* | sort -n | less
ls -asRS /home/badstudent |less

Thanks, good stuff !!!! a command line xdiskusage - - very sweet. This helps sooo much, I can remote admin these file systems. Will do. This looks like it could take a while. That is a new approach for me.

I use the following command now to find files
Note: All my student and teacher ID's start with a prefix

# find /home/userprefix* -name '*.zip* -ok rm '{}' ';'

change *.zip to *.mp3 or whatever... *.exe aol*.* then you can delete them.
change -ok to -exec and you won't get prompted for a delete response y/n.

I did find the files I was looking for and eveything adds up.

Thanks again,

Tom Ventresco