[K12OSN] Managing identical logins..

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Mon Jan 31 15:15:20 UTC 2005

> Actually the problem with "comp1, etc" is that kids realise quickly
> that they can use the same login as another & create havoc....
> Hence a script or untility that limits the "username" to a single
> login without "kicking" out the previous one would be great.......
> hint...

I know very little about Linux and I'm not a C coder, so I may be off
base here.  If so, someone set me straight.  When I try to log into my
K12LTSP 4.0.1 box a second time, I get a message that says "You're
already logged in. You can log in anyway or abort this login."  With two
buttons, "Login Anyway", and "Abort Login".  Couldn't someone just
change this box so that it says "You're already logged in." and take
away the "Login anyway" button?

C-ya,
Mark
____
John Lennon's first girlfriend was named Thelma Pickles.