[K12OSN] Bulk-add script problem with SMB/LDAPInstallerfromOquist

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 1 14:41:26 UTC 2005

> i dont know just how you have your directory set up  but
> fwiw i have my script set up to create just one password for
> all users, with prompt for pw change at first login for all
> users..So i really dont care what pw they put in at start of
> school year..If they forget i just reset
> sambaPassworustChange back to 0 set the pw back to the
> original ..and they take care of themselves..chuck

I have to get this working with the passwords I already have.  Just the
nature of the beast.

Looking at the script it looks like it wants input in the order of:
Firstname,Lastname,username,gid,shellpath,homedir,password

Is this why method 3b of the tutorial doesn't seem to work with:

Firstname,Lastname,username,gid,password

?

If so could this be fixed with making a userinfo.names with the
following:
Firstname,Lastname,username,gid,,,password

?

I don't know crap about scripting but it looks like if any of the last
four fields are missing it will just fill them in with the defaults set
at the top of the script?