[K12OSN] regfile for redirect of My Documents

Heath Henderson hendersonh at unit5.org
Mon Jul 4 15:33:01 UTC 2005

I do this with our Netware servers.  It works very well. But, I would
suggest you redirect to a folder such as.

/home/username/Documents

This works better because some Apps use a directory path instead of just a
Drive letter. They add a hash (\) at the end of the path.  With Personal
mapping to something like H:\ this adds \ to become H:\\

Adobe apps had problems with this early on.

What to redirect.  This is Profile based.  Local
Users>Software>Microsoft>Windows Current Version>Explorer> Two directories
hold personal reg paths.  Change here,  History, Favorites, Personal,
Desktop etc.

--
Heath Henderson
Technology Administrator

We map Folks an H Drive.  They all receive the H Drive (their personal
drive).

But, within there are a set of Directories mapped