[K12OSN] SMB/LDAP Installer upgrades

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 5 16:04:43 UTC 2005

> You should be able to run it fine...unless you've made some
> weird config changes by hand.  The script backs everything up
> anyway so you can go and merge any changes if necessary.  I
> can't test it at the moment, but I believe Matt has it
> "merging" changes....not overwriting them.  The main concern
> would be smb.conf....try it and let me know what
> happens...I'll test myself in a few days and let you know as well.

When I ran it this morning on my test box I no longer had any users when
finished.  It went from 1.2 to 1.2.2-gamma.  This would be a bad thing
on a production box.

Also, do you have any tips on using quotas?  I see the bulk-add script
want a sample user to configure from.  What is the recommended set of
commands to set quotas on a default user?

Thanks