[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.2.1EL pre-release #2

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Thu Jul 7 04:46:41 UTC 2005

The second pre-release build of K12LTSP 4.2.1EL has been uploaded.
If no show-stopping bugs are reported by next week, this will become the
official 4.2.1EL release.

There are two things that need to be verified. The "Add additional software"
icon for Acrobat Reader needs to be tested. It works for me, it should work
for you as well. Please let me know if you run into problems (besides the
huge 36MB download!).

Second, the "VNC off by default" bug reported in K12LTSP 4.4.0 may or may
not exist in this build. I'll try to test this and possibly fix it
tomorrow, if you get to it before I do please post the results!

You can grab the 4.2.1EL pre-release ISOs at:

         ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/4.2.1EL/iso/
         rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-pre/* .

-Eric