[K12OSN] SME and esmith

Selzler, Bruce SelzlerB at esuhsd.org
Thu Jul 7 22:13:36 UTC 2005

Hello Team,

I was wondering what the advantages of SME and esmith are with regard to Moodle.  I am  planning on setting up another instance of Moodle at our school and had originally planned to install it on a K12LTSP installation.  I've installed Moodle on Red Hat 9 and found it very simple.  I assumed that installing on K12LTSP or Fedora would be just as easy.  Is this not the case?  Are there real performance advantages to SME?  And what exactly is esmith?  Let me know what you think.

- Sez

	Message: 13