[K12OSN] How to choose alternate gateway?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Fri Jul 8 22:22:04 UTC 2005

Quoting John Baillie <jbaillie at stmarys-school.org>:

> We have two separate Internet connections. Can I point rsync to use a
> gateway other than the computers default so I can utilize all available
> bandwidth? If so how. At any rate I'm googling around and I bet I'll
> find it eventually...

rsync follows whatever path your network equipment sends packets
across. Without details about your network topology, it would be
difficult to determine
where you'd need to add a static route, so that traffic destined for a certain
location went out the other Internet connection.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator