[K12OSN] I need opinions....backup idea for when Terminal server down and

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Sun Jul 10 02:11:55 UTC 2005

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Saturday, July 9, 2005 at 1:10 PM +0000 wrote:
>Also, I thought you were using rdesktop to access a Win2K server for
>some apps.

I do...unfortunately though if the clients don't boot I can't use rdesktop
 :-)

>And don't you also have all those student laptop systems as
>well?  Could they fill in an emergency to connect to some other server?

In this case the laptops are assigned to 7th and 8th graders as part of
the state 1-to-1 laptop program....so therefore they are not available.
It'd be like asking folks for their personal laptops to fill the
void....all those laptops have the kids stuff and their own
modifications...etc. on them.

I am encouraged to hear about the Casetronics system...that was the one
I'm looking at where I "might" add a slim CD drive to.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask at vcsvikings.org