[K12OSN] to be el or to be fedora

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 11 03:34:03 UTC 2005

well, it is the summer, and I always wipe and reload the server.  I am
trying to figure out the sound on my thin clients, which work when I
load suse 9.1 directly onto a hard drive I stick in the thin client.  I
would rather work with K12LTSP of one flavour or another.

I know the crystal sound cards (on board) work with suse, so that should
mean I could get them working with K12LTSP, right?

Which flavour should I use?  the EL centos version, or the Fedora Core 4
version?

Why would I choose one version over the other?  What is the advantage of
centos vs Fedora Core 4?

Enquiring minds want to know.  Please advise