[K12OSN] I need opinions....backup idea for when Terminal serverdown and I'm not around

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Jul 11 13:53:28 UTC 2005

> As for the cost, if you are looking to buy a quantity, like
> 28, please talk to Erick Tyack
> (etyack at DisklessWorkstations.Com), and lets see if we can
> work something out.

Hello Erick,
   I am stealing Jim's tip he sent to David Trask and contacting you to
see what type of price you could do on a lot of 30 Term-150s.  I will be
implimenting ltsp on a little larger scale in one of my schools over the
summer (60 more clients) and am very interested in what you could do for
a price.  Shoot me an email and let me know.

   Jim, I was looking at putting Bondi iMacs as terminals in all of
these labs but there is still sound issues with them (doesn't work) and
it would be nice to eliminate the heat output and power consumption of
these machines.  I like the idea of sticking with the Term-150s since I
know you guys are going to make sure you put the best supported and most
vigorously tested hardware on the market for ltsp.  No one else has as
vested of interest as you guys.

Hopefully I will get the chance in the near future to help out at
another conference with you guys and Ron.

Thanks