[K12OSN] Thin Client

Alan A Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Tue Jul 12 03:15:58 UTC 2005

Hola Omar

I work for one of the largest school districts in West Texas (El Paso
ISD - 62,000+ students, 88 campuses) and in spite of the fact that
K12LTSP labs and classroom clusters are installed only in 5 middle
schools, our conservative estimate is that on any given day more than
1500 students use the thin clients for typing, computer applications
or research. The reliability of the servers is what makes them so
popular. A few teachers may resist the initial deployment - some they
think they are "too old"  to have to "learn another system", but
after a few weeks that idea vanishes, when they (and their students)
realize that they have "all the Micro$oft applications" and then
some...

Fell free to look at http://links.episd.org and click on our friend
TUX. More information is available there - use anything you need.

Good luck

Alan A Hodson MEd
aahodson at episd dot org