[K12OSN] FTP redirect?

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Tue Jul 12 13:43:29 UTC 2005

Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> Otherwise if it is the second issue, just set up the second server the
> way you want, then throw the switch on your port forwarding.  But I
> think you are asking about the first one.

Nope, the second.  My users are used to connecting to "ourserver.org"
for ftp.  The machine that runs email now (thus "ourserver.org") no
longer hosts home directories -- so I need to have access ftp traffic
going to "ourserver.org" redirect to "ftp.ourserver.org"

I can do it for outside traffic (via portforwarding on my ipcop
firewall) -- but I'm not sure how to do it internally, where there is no
redirection, but rather direct connection to a 10. address.

(I have a bogus DNS server inside our network that points traffic for
ourserver.org to an internal 10. address)

-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers
Technology Director