[K12OSN] Rsync and NFS install questions

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Wed Jul 13 16:22:47 UTC 2005

--- Jim Kronebusch <jim at winonacotter.org> wrote:

> > rsync -Pav k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us::K12LTSP-beta/*
> .
>
> Just one quick stupid question here.  After the
> first time I download
> the isos and checksum with the above command, all I
> have to do in the
> future is run the same command from within the same
> directory and my
> file will update with the newest version right?
>
> The reason I ask is it just doesn't make sense to me
> how rsync is going
> to know after 4.4.0-pre2 that it should update those
> files to just
> 4.4.0.  Or do I have to rename the
> K12LTSP-4.4.0-pre2-discx.iso files to
> K12LTSP-4.4.0-discx.iso (or whatever the release
> file is named) before
> running the rsync command?

Rename the files

> Ah heck, while I am at it, once these are downloaded
> what do I have to
> do to be able to NFS install from them?  Do I need
> to expand the ISO
> files somehow or just leave them as is.  I know how
> to export the folder
> with NFS, just not what the files in the share
> should look like.

Just exporting the directory containing the isos is
fine.  If you want to do it via PXE or Etherboot you
neet to mount the iso image and copy the correct files
from disk one to your tftp directory.  Then restart
your dhcp server.

I believe the correct files are in the isolinux
directory...

Tim