[K12OSN] Benchmarks

Thu Jul 14 12:10:47 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 01:02, Patrick Sawyer wrote:
> I saw in a previous message something about benchmarks.
> Does anyone have a link to these benchmarks?

I'm looking for relevant benchmarks too.

> This info could be very usefull in setting up labs.
>
> I used to have a lab(not setup by me) that ran 5 computers off of one
> 450 mhz server.
> This lab was used by kids all the time so most of the computers were
> being used, and if still seemed very functional.

I'v been running up to 5 clients off a 700Mz celeron and a 1GHz VIA
Nehemiah (both with 400-500 Mb RAM) via good results i general.

Now I've got hold of a couple of old dual P2-400 servers witch I'm
planing to use as ltsp servers, but it would be nice to have som
benchmarks to compare them from an objective point of view.

Benchmarks for testing file/mail/web-servers is also of interess.

Of cource my results will be posted online, so others can use them ;-)