[K12OSN] How to NFS mount /home

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Fri Jul 15 23:22:26 UTC 2005

Hello all,
    Once again I come seeking wisdom.  I've managed to get my Samba/LDAP
server up and running, although I never quite figured out the whole
IP-address-change-hosing-the-user-authentication thing.  I did come up
with a work-around that's doing the job in the mean time.  Now I've
turned my attention to wiping my existing K12LTSP server and installing
the latest version.  I've got the server set up and hosting clients, but
I can't seem to get my head around the concepts necessary to NFS mount
/home.  When I ran Matt's smb-ldap script on my new primary server I
told it to NFS export /home, but I don't know how to tell my new K12LTSP
server to make use of that export.  I did manage to join the domain at
one point and log in as a user but I got an error message telling me
that the system couldn't find /home/myusername.  Can someone point me to
a (preferably brain-dead simple) how-to on the subject?  Thanks in advance.

--

C-ya,
Mark