[K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Mark Cockrell cockrell at honeygroveisd.net
Tue Jul 19 13:52:17 UTC 2005

Jesse McDonnell wrote:

>Mark,
>
>Did you try logging in on a terminal and running a sound app as root?  Other than that I'm out of ideas. Keep us posted.
>
>Jesse

Actually, no I hadn't tried that.  When I do that I get sound at the
server and not at the terminal.  The sound that should be playing at the
terminal plays through the speakers connected to the server.  Now I'm
even more confused.  Again I want to stress that there have been no
hardware changes from version 4.2, so this is definitely a configuration
issue somewhere.  Any other ideas?

C-ya,
Mark
____
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.