[K12OSN] still having problems booting via PXE with broadcom 5751 integrated cards

Trae Elmore Trae.Elmore at marshall.tstc.edu
Thu Jul 21 21:26:54 UTC 2005

My lab of Dell Precision 370's still isn't booting successfully.

Jim thanks for the tip on adding the 'NIC=tg3' paramaeter to the default pxeconf file. Unfortunately that didn't work. The message that appears says that it cannot detect the NIC.

I have now tried this with both FC3 based k12ltsp and the new CentOS based k12ltsp (which seems faster and more responsive on the server).

Googling on this issue has netted me only the same suggestion that Jim has given me (which I do appreciate the response).

How have others gotten the Dell integrated broadcom 5751 cards to work with ltsp via PXE?

The workstations work great with a local install of either CentOS 3.x, 4.x and FC3.

Getting this to work will give us tremendous flexibility with the lab.

Thanks for the help.

Trae Elmore CCNA, CNE, MCP
Program Chair of Computer Systems Networking
trae.elmore at marshall.tstc.edu
(903) 923-3361