[K12OSN] when is release happening?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 22 13:51:04 UTC 2005

SNIP------
The 4.4.0 version has a couple minor issues outstanding. Such as the VNC
service not being enabled by default. I am also looking into fixing the
ktouch statistics.
END SNIP------

1. The "No volume control elements and/or devices found." Error shows up
on all clients since the server does not have a sound card.

2. When I try to start Gcompris, Celestia space simulator and Blender
nothing happens.  All I get is an hour glass for a few seconds and it
goes away.

3. When I run Inkscape I get an error about "One or more extensions
failed to load".

4. I needed to enable VNC with the following directions:
Take a look at the file /etc/xinetd.d/vncts, And change all the disable
= yes to disable = no. Then do a /etc/init.d/xinetd restart. I think
that was all I did to make it work again..

So far that is all I have seen.  This is a completely yum-to-date
version of 4.4 installed yesterday.

On the bright side, this version is awesome!  I am not even talking
about bells and whistles yet.  The speed, look and feel of the window
manager along with all of the application updates makes this version
very presentable.  A lot of the programs that were clunky in the past
and a little unstable are very nice now.  Thanks to anyone involved for
all the hard work.