[K12OSN] Changes to dhcpd.conf for PCMCIA Booting

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 02:44:57 UTC 2005

On 7/24/05, Rob Owens <hick518 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have been trying unsuccessfully to get my laptop to
> boot.  I'm using the wireless ltsp package with a
> wired PCMCIA network adapter.  I get to the point
> where it says "doing the pivot root" and then it tells
> me the NFS server is not responding.  Any ideas?  Did
> you come across this same trouble?

Rob batting off my memory here but:
1. Wireless package plus PCMCIA card works but I do not have that
laptop now for digging out details.
2. Edit /etc/dhcpd.conf and fix IP for the laptop by seeing
/var/log/messages to get the MAC address of PCMCIA card when laptop
boots but hangs.
3. In the above edit the laptop section for allowing initial pxe boot.
Make sure the file name and paths are correct. The example lines in
dhcpd.conf may not be giving correct file+path.

HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux