[K12OSN] [OT]router howto

Dale Sykora dalen at czexan.net
Sun Jul 24 14:05:34 UTC 2005

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I'd ask as this list is
usually very helpful.  I am having trouble trying to setup a generic fc4
or centos4 into a network router.  eth0 goes out to the internet and
eth1 goes to the internal network.  Internal systems can get an ip from
the server and can ping the server, but they cannot ping anything on the
internet such as yahoo.com.  I tried enabling ip_forward in /etc/sysctl
and tried comparing settings with a SME server, but I can't figure out
what I am missing.  Any suggestions on what I should check next?

Thanks,

Dale