[K12OSN] epia 5000 or m5000

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:00:11 UTC 2005

On 7/24/05, William Fragakis <william at fragakis.com> wrote:
> Is there any advantage to using the VIA EPIA M5000 vs the 5000  in a
> thin client?
>
> The M has a faster bus (266 vs. 133) and uses cheaper ddr RAM, better
> graphics card and USB 2.0. Otherwise, both are fanless 533 Via Eden
> processors.

Although I have no experience with either board. USB 2.0 is nice if
you want to use usb sticks (much faster) although your still limited
by the network speed. But by far the graphics card is the most
important part of a thin client. Make sure the video card is well
supported.

> and... any reason to up the ram in a client over 128mb?

Not for a thin client. 128 is super.

--
Robert Arkiletian