[K12OSN] Reader for K12OSN

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed Jul 27 18:09:38 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 11:21, Robert E. Gomberg wrote:
> Sorry to ask again, but I really hate using the web interface to read
> the posts.  Is anyone using some sort of reader (newsgroup etc) to
> view the mailing list?

What web interface?  I'd assume that most people would join the list
and have a copy sent to a mailbox where you can use your favorite
email interface like evolution.  If you don't want lists in your
normal mailbox, you can get a free gmail.com account and either use
their web interface which isn't too bad or pick it up with pop
into your choice of mail programs.  Since gmail offers a lot of
storage you can configure it to keep a copy even after it is picked
up with pop.  Then you can log in with the web interface and do
searches even after you read and deleted your local copy.  This
list isn't that busy, but I've moved some other subscriptions to
gmail and it is working nicely.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com