[K12OSN] KVM and Fedora Mouse Issue

Steve Hargadon steve.hargadon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 01:15:12 UTC 2005

As a related mouse issue came up, I googled a bit to figure out how to
solve my wacko mouse issue after switching back to my K12LTSP server
that uses Fedora.

Here is a good solution that worked for me:

http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=405

================================

First, open a command prompt and make sure you have root privileges
(e.g. use the command su -). Type vi /boot/grub/grub.conf and edit the
line in the file that starts with kernel so that it contains the
argument psmouse.proto=bare. For example, mine now reads (on a single
line):

    kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
    psmouse.proto=bare rhgb quiet

Hope this helps someone else!

--
Steve Hargadon