[K12OSN] re: IDEALX [samba] Management Console (Jim Kronebusch)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Jul 28 12:52:43 UTC 2005

> Just out of curiousity, did you update around the time you started
> having problems?

This is a fresh install of 4.4.0 pre2 just for the purpose of getting
the samba/ldap stuff figured out.  I never had this "working" before in
a prior version.  But I can give the perl-IO-Socket downgrade a try to
see if that helps.  You may be on to something there because I had to
make links from libssl.so.5 called libssl.so.4 and libcrypto.so.5 to
libcrypto.so.4 in order to get IMC to start.  That was a fairly obvious
sign that I had to new of a version.

Well here is the output of "rpm -q perl-IO-Socket-SSL"

perl-IO-Socket-SSL-0.96-4

I guess that blows that theory out of the water.  But still, there must
be a reason that my libssl and libcrypto are named so.5 and not so.4.
Any ideas?

I will also check out the IMC mailing list as Brian suggested and see
what I can find there.

Thanks