[K12OSN] No Volume Control Elements and/or devices found

Liam Marshall lsrpm-1 at shaw.ca
Thu Jul 28 19:42:15 UTC 2005

so, having taken your first thought, and using the rm -rf, how could I undo that and try your second thought?

--------------enigB765213A0A273D0EA998FEB3

Eric Harrison wrote:

> The only way I can consistently eliminate this problem is by removing
> the mixer from the panel by default:
>
>     rm -rf /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/applets/mixer

After sleeping on it... "rm -rf" is a bit harsh, removing the
read/write/execute permissions is much less destructive:

    chmod a-wrx /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/apps/panel/applets/mixer

-Eric