[K12OSN] Samba/LDAP Management questions (Webmin,LAM,IDEALX SMC)

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jul 29 17:59:31 UTC 2005

> If you use the smbldap-userbulkadd scripts it's quite easy to
> tweak got set
> quota's. I've altered / hacked the script for myself to set
> quotas and I had
> started work on allowing this as an configurable option in
> the userinfo.in file
> but got a bit snowed under when I started our main roll out
> for the year.

I see that Matt Oquist's newest version of the installer (2.0-alpha)
says it allows for use of disk quotas, but I have no idea how to use it.
If you have the info on what to hack in the smbldap-userbulkadd script I
wouldn't mind taking a peek at it.

> Yes WEBMIN rocks *grin*, I tend to use it in combination with
> LAM & the shell
> scripts to manage things. You can alter LAM to allow spaces
> etc. If you have a
> look on the LAM site and if they have an archive of mail look
> through this as I
> asked the question a couple of months back but I've forgot
> the answer :-\

So you use the Webmin LDAP Users and Groups module?  If I had the
correct properties to set in the module config I don't think I would
need anything else.  It currently views and modifies all users, I just
need the correct stuff to set in LDAP attributes for creation of new
users.  Any tips?

I don't mind using the smbldap-userbulkadd and delete scripts once a
year to handle mass user tasks.  But I assume if I had the right
settings for the module config I could just use the bulk add in webmin.

I'll check the LAM site to find the fix for the space problem.  Does
your LAM add users correctly?  Like I said mine works perfect except it
does not create the users /home folder for them, if I could fix that
piece this would work as well.

I am so close to getting all of these stupid things to work, I just have
a bug in each.  Like I said, I don't care which one I use, just so it
works :-)