[K12OSN] Celestia - where to put addons in Linux?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Jul 31 11:44:15 UTC 2005

So I decided to take a peek at add-ons for Celestia (e.g., those found at
the "Motherlode" website), but I'm not sure if, under Linux, I'm supposed
to su to root and install these in /usr/share/celestia.  Can't I simply
play with them in my own sandbox?  (e.g., ~/.kde/share/apps/celestia/ or
some-such?)

To be blunt, this app really needs some Get Hot New Stuff support. :^)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th