Re: [K12OSN] problems with iptables

On 7/1/05, Jeff Nelson <jeffnels gmail com> wrote:
>  We've been having some problems with iptables on our K12LTSP system.  It
> doesn't save the firewall, even with "service iptables save," so when the
> server is rebooted or if anyone does "service network restart," the iptables
> rules are somehow flushed and we have to run the firewall script again
> manually.

Is the service iptables set to eun every time?
Right now I am on an Ubuntu box so cannot trace the command but man
for something like "chkconfig". The command is something like
"chkconfig --level 35 iptables"
Alternatively run "setup" as root and in services enable the iptables
as service. This will make it run at boot time.
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux