Re: [K12OSN] Calendaring solutions, anyone?

On 6/30/05, Santiago, Nicholas <nsantiago caclv org> wrote:

> Hi all--
>
> Looking at switching our email over to open source. Looks like we're going
> with an SME Server with SquirrelMail for that.
>
> Our other concern is that since we're leaving an Exchange environment, we
> need a shared calendar solution. I was looking at possibly outsourcing to a
> company like Trumba <http://www.trumba.com/>, but I was hoping to find
> something similar to it that is either cheap or free, and we can host
> on-site. Anyone have any ideas?

Hi Nick,

SchoolTool Calendar is similar in functionality to Trumba, it is free
software, and you host it yourself.  It also supports school-specific
things like rotating periods, class schedules and resource management.
 Check it out at http://schooltool.org

--Tom