[K12OSN] regfile for redirect of My Documents

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Tue Jul 5 01:18:33 UTC 2005

Very cool!  One question (having not tried it yet, but merely trying to
visualize)....does the regedit command run every time or just once and
then if the keys are in place it doesn't run? (I'm assuming it runs
everytime) I'm curious about the speed of the login script...do you find
it to run pretty quickly?  This is cool...thanks for sharing....you should
consider "wiki-ing" it at LTSP.org or preferably K12LTSP.org as many folks
could use this tweak!  :-)  Attaboy!

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Monday, July 4, 2005 at 11:15 AM +0000 wrote:
>David,
>
>Chuck and I just did this here and seems to work well in a test
>environment. We
>exluded Desktop and My Documents from "Roaming" and instead used a
>registry
>script to point them directly at the server.
>
>Here is how I did it:
>--
>startup.bat
>
>cd p:
>IF NOT EXIST "P:\My Documents\." MD "P:\My Documents"
>IF NOT EXIST "P:\Desktop\." MD "P:\Desktop"
>regedit /s \\osprey\netlogon\mydoc.reg
>:END
>--
>mydoc.reg
>
>REGEDIT4
>
>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
>"ExcludeProfileDirs"="Local Settings;Temporary Internet
>Files;History;Temp;My
>Documents;Desktop"
>
>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
>Folders]
>"Personal"="P:\\My Documents"
>"Desktop"="P:\\Desktop"
>
>[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
>
>Shell
>Folders]
>"Personal"="P:\\My Documents"
>"Desktop"="P:\\Desktop"