[K12OSN] SMB/LDAP Installer upgrades

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Jul 5 13:59:47 UTC 2005

Is there a recommended way to upgrade the smb-ldap installer?  Say I was
running version 1.2 on a production server and I wanted to install the
new 1.2.2 version, what would this impact?  Would simply running the
./smb-ldap.pl just update things, or will this wipe out current configs
and potentially break the server.

I don't have a production server in place yet but want to get these
questions out of the way.  One reason would be say I was up and running,
but now the new version had quota support, I want to know how to safely
bring my production server up to speed with the quota support without
breaking things.  I am sure this will be an ongoing thing as usage
progresses.

Thanks

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department