Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Calendaring solutions, anyone?
From: Kevin Myer <kevin_myer iu13 org>
Date: Tue, July 05, 2005 8:57 am
To: k12osn redhat com

Quoting <nsantiago caclv org>:

> Our other concern is that since we're leaving an Exchange environment, we need
a > shared calendar solution. I was looking at possibly outsourcing to a
company
> like Trumba <http://www.trumba.com/>, but I was hoping to find something
similar > to it that is either cheap or free, and we can host on-site. Anyone
have any
> ideas?

Hi Nick,

We're just downstate of you in the Susquehanna valley :)

I'd second (or third) the suggestions to use Horde.  It has all the
functionality needed to be a complete web-based groupware suite.  And its
strength is its decoupled from any operating system or backend system, in the
sense that its really a frontend and framework for tying together all kinds of
systems.  So you can use it with existing systems and there's no need to
replace all your backend systems.

We are in the process of rolling this out to our organization and I couldn't be
more pleased with the software.  You'll want to make sure you try out the
FRAMEWORK_3 release (Horde 3.X, IMP 4.X, Kronolith 2.X, Ingo 1.X, Turba 2.X).
Kronolith 2.X is the calendar component that supports shared calendaring.

I'm curious if others on the list are using Horde in some fashion?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator