[K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.4.0 pre1 AND 4.2.1EL

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:53:10 UTC 2005

Is it possible to have everything on sunsite.utk.edu so that all
updates get stuff from there?  (I'll admit that my interest is largely
selfish, but I'm bummed when I do an update pulling stuff from
mesd.k12.or.us when I know that there's a mirror on campus.)

On 7/6/05, Eric Harrison <eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Joe Guenther wrote:
>
> > Will the YUM UPDATE then also work with the EL version of K12LTSP just like it
> > does with the Fedora Core versions?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Will this version have its own repository
> > of updates?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Will it use CentOS's repositories?
>
> Yes.
>
> >When I last tried CentOS,
> > their repositories were unusably slow.  Maybe that has been fixed.
>
> The K12LTSP 4.2.1EL repository includes the CentOS base OS & update
> repositories. If it is too slow for you, you could always disable
> those repos: edit /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo and add "enabled=0"
> to any repos you don't want to use.
>
> They have seemed to be okay to me.
>
> -Eric

Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville
Experimenting with gmail, please honor the Reply-To