Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP 4.4.0 pre1 AND 4.2.1EL

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Jay Pfaffman wrote:

Is it possible to have everything on sunsite.utk.edu so that all
updates get stuff from there?  (I'll admit that my interest is largely
selfish, but I'm bummed when I do an update pulling stuff from
mesd.k12.or.us when I know that there's a mirror on campus.)

Generally everything should always be in sync between mesd.k12.or.us and sunsite.utk.edu. I sync the mirrors as part of rebuilding the repos.

4.2.1EL is current on sunsite.utk.edu.

I started mirroring 4.4.0, but it takes a *long* time to sync up a whole
tree from scratch. Something like 1-2 days IIRC.

Yum is configured to round-robin between mirrors. If you want to use only one specific mirror, here is how to do it:

1) You'll find the repository definitions in /etc/yum.repos.d/,
   k12ltsp.repo for example.

2) Within the *.repo file, you'll see a mirrorlist line, such as:

	mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2

3) stick the URL (http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.2)
   into a browser and it will retrieve the list of mirrors. Such as:

   http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/4.2.1/
   http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.1/

4) copy the URL of the mirror you want to use, comment out the "mirrorlist"
   line, and add a "baseurl" line. Such as:

[k12ltsp] name=K12LTSP # mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.4 baseurl=http://sunsite.utk.edu/ftp/pub/linux/k12ltsp/4.2.1/ gpgkey=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP-GPG-KEY enabled=1 gpgcheck=1

5) now yum will only query that one specific mirror.

-Eric