	Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 01:35:19 -0400
	From: "David Trask" <dtrask vcsvikings org>
	Subject: Re: [K12OSN] K12LTSP Moodle easy install
	To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
	        <k12osn redhat com>
	Cc: """ <k12osn redhat com>"@redhat.com

	Just FYI....since I noticed John Ballie's name on this message (and he
	attended the Northeast Linux Symposium in Maine two weeks ago)....the NELS
	site is a Moodle site and it happens to be hosted on an SME server...I
	love SME...I have a whole bunch of them for various purposes ranging from
	Firewall/gateway/router/proxy/Dansguardian.....to simple NFS install
	server housing all my images for deployment over the network.  The
	installation of Moodle is very simple.  Simply untar it in the html or www
	directory....create a database for it....I use  "mysql_setpermissions" and
	then run the install.

	Saturday, July 2, 2005 at 2:11 PM +0000 wrote:
	>Alan wrote:
	>
	>Hi gang
	>
	>I am happy to see that fellow educators are picking up on the
	>versatility and power of Moodle. I am familiar with an SME-esmith/Moodle
	>install combo that works very well out of the box with just a minimum
	>amount of configuration (http://www.tech-
	>geeks.org/contrib/mdrone/moodle/moodle-installation.html) - However it
	>needs a dedicated SME server
	>(http://contribs.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php?Downloads). My question
	>is, can the ease of install for SME be ported over to our type of
	>server? I've tried several times to install Moodle in different K12LTSP
	>versions, but had to give up as being too time consuming and
	>convoluted...

<<winmail.dat>>