Re: [K12OSN] Re: SMBLDAP script with Fedora Core 4? (John Baillie)

Thanks for straightening out that issue.

Ldap appears to be working as far as Matt's scripts bulk adding users. Apparently, part of my problem is that smbldap-populate didn't finish correctly. Then there is whole issue with getting all the passwords set correctly in the various places. But the other issue is that it turns out that both the latest versions of webmin and phpldapadmin do not work correctly with the Samba 3 schema that is included in the fc4 release (or updated with yum udpate). Rerunning smbldap-populate and reverting to phpldapadmin-0.9.5 lets me look at and manipulate the database. Also, while Matts bulk add scripts now work as correctly, I am not sure what the fields are at this point. Can I specify the uidNumber like you can also specify the gidNumber?

If I find time, I will try a clean install to make sure I know what was going on, but for now ... it seems to work.

As I always think give me a generally healthy tree and I will always find a way to climb out on the one rotten branch.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

cliebow downeast net wrote:

/etc/ldap.conf governs the client side of ldap.../etc/openldap/ldap.conf is
part of the server side..