[K12OSN] OT- BackupPC excludes not working

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Sat Jul 9 06:59:06 UTC 2005

Hello,

Can someone suggest the proper syntax for getting excludes to work on my
BackupPC installation?  I want to exclude a certain folder from a user's
home directory.  Home is on a separate partition so it has it's own
entry in the BackupPC conf under share names.

I have this under rsync args:

	     '--one-file-system',
	     '--exclude=/var/spool/squid',
	     '--exclude=slocated.db',
	     '--exclude=/proc',
	     '--exclude=/home/ckeil/secret',
	     '--exclude=/home/www/k12ltsp'

and this under conf(backupfilesexclude) :

'/proc', '/var/spool/squid','slocate.db', '/home/ckeil/secret/*', '/home/www/k12ltsp/*';

why isn't this working.  I just noticed that I have the /* in one place
and not in the other, but I've tried it both ways in both places.  A
related question, how will I know this is working?  I'm assuming that
after the next incremental backup after I get this right then those
directories won't appear in the backups.  Is there a way to delete
backed up information from the backup server?

Thanks,

ck