[K12OSN] OT- BackupPC excludes not working

Hello,

Can someone suggest the proper syntax for getting excludes to work on my BackupPC installation? I want to exclude a certain folder from a user's home directory. Home is on a separate partition so it has it's own entry in the BackupPC conf under share names.

I have this under rsync args:

'--one-file-system',
'--exclude=/var/spool/squid',
'--exclude=slocated.db', '--exclude=/proc',
'--exclude=/home/ckeil/secret',
'--exclude=/home/www/k12ltsp'

and this under conf(backupfilesexclude) :

'/proc', '/var/spool/squid','slocate.db', '/home/ckeil/secret/*', '/home/www/k12ltsp/*';

why isn't this working. I just noticed that I have the /* in one place and not in the other, but I've tried it both ways in both places. A related question, how will I know this is working? I'm assuming that after the next incremental backup after I get this right then those directories won't appear in the backups. Is there a way to delete backed up information from the backup server?

Thanks,

ck